From Tenipuri Info
|Birthday||October 7 (Libra)|
|Weight||58 kgPOT |
|Eyesight (Unaided)||1.5 (both eyes)|
|Current School||Seigaku 3rd Year|
|Former School(s)||Seiharudai First Elementary School|
|Shoes||Mizuno (Wave Dual Light 6K93009)|
|Racket(s)||Mizuno (Pro Light S90)|
|Manga Debut||Genius 4|
|Anime Debut||Episode 3|
Tezuka Kunimitsu (
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 3.1 Three Years Prior to the Main Story
- 3.2 Two Years Prior to the Main Story
- 3.3 One Year Prior to the Main Story
- 3.4 Districts
- 3.5 Prefecturals
- 3.6 Regionals
- 3.7 Rehabilitation in Kyushu
- 3.8 Nationals
- 3.9 Under 17 Camp
- 3.10 World Cup
- 3.11 Anime only arcs
- 4 Tennis
- 4.1 Playstyle
- 4.2 Prince of Tennis Fanbook 10.5 Information
- 4.3 Team Shuffle Information
- 4.4 Stats
- 4.5 Match History
- 5 Personal Information
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Music
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Quotes
- 10 References
Tezuka has brown hair, brown eyes, and glasses - he is shown to have a consistent appearance in the anime, manga, and games. He usually has a stern or passive expression on his face. Despite his stoic disposition, he pops his collar on his jersey and other collared clothing he wears. In official art, he is often depicted wearing camping or fishing gear.
Tezuka is known for his calm and serious exterior, always advising his teammates to not be careless. He is strict toward his team, punishing all of the players for the misconduct of one, a policy he learned from former Seigaku captain Yamato Yuudai. He speaks respectfully toward his upperclassmen, coaches, and teachers, but has been shown to correct his Math teacher when they wrote an incorrect answer on the chalkboard.
Despite his reputation for being the level-headed captain of Seigaku, Tezuka is deeply passionate in his convictions and self-sacrificing when it comes to the interests of his team. In his match with Atobe Keigo, he becomes focused on winning for the sake of advancing Seigaku to Nationals and continues to use techniques that further aggravate his injury, sacrificing the health of his arm for his team.
By the time he participates in the U-17 camp, he has become fixated on being a "Pillar of Support" for Seigaku and displays the same attitude toward Team Japan. Yamato helps him see the danger of that way of thinking. Tezuka then is able to enter Teni Muhou no Kiwami and is free to play tennis for himself.
Though he is stern, Tezuka is tolerant to the antics of Seigaku and shows fondness to his teammates.
Three Years Prior to the Main Story
In his sixth year of elementary school, Tezuka met Sanada Genichirou and Yukimura Seiichi at a jr tournament. Tezuka easily beat Sanada, kicking off a rivalry that would last through junior high school. Yukimura challenged Tezuka to a match following Sanada's defeat. According to Sanada, it was an even match.
Two Years Prior to the Main Story
Tezuka entered Seishun Academy as a first year. His upperclassmen saw him as arrogant due to his talent and his generally stoic attitude. He was viewed even more poorly when the third years realized he had easily beaten all of them right-handed despite his left hand being his dominant hand. One of his upperclassmen hit him with a racquet in his left elbow, injuring his arm and sealing off his access to Muga no Kyouchi and Hyaku Ren Jitoku no Kiwami which required his left arm. Tezuka passionately declared that tennis should never be used for violence and attempted to quit the team. Yamato Yuudai, the third year captain, insisted that Tezuka stay on declaring that he could become Seigaku's "Pillar of Support." Tezuka became a regular in his first year.
Knowing that Yamato could not accomplish his dream of Seigaku winning nationals before graduating, Tezuka made a promise with Ooishi Shuuichirou to take Seigaku to Nationals in their time at the school. Fuji Shuusuke requested a match with the recently injured Tezuka, quickly defeating him. Fuji was deeply displeased with the result and they made a promise to play again once his arm had completely healed. Tezuka convinced Kawamura Takashi that his incredible strength would help him stand out against the other players and make him a valuable member of the regulars one day.
One Year Prior to the Main Story
Tezuka was named the vice captain. It was originally stated that Tezuka defeated Hyoutei's captain in the Tokyo Prefectural Tournament. It was later ret-conned  that Atobe Keigo was Hyoutei's captain in his second year and that he beat Seigaku's captain at Nationals, therefore Tezuka is assumed to have played a third year regular. He was invited to the Jr Senbatsu training camp, but had to decline due to his injury. Sengoku Kiyosumi took his place.
Tezuka surprised the regulars by including the first year Echizen Ryouma in the bracket for their intra-school ranking matches, who unseatd Inui Sadaharu from the starting lineup. He placed Echizen in the Singles 2 spot against Ibu Shinji. When Echizen was injured by Ibu's Spot techinique, Tezuka did not take him out of play to the surprise and upset of the other regulars, instead gave him 10 minutes to complete the match. Tezuka was the reserve player in all of the matches leading up to the match with Fudoumine. He was set to play Tachibana Kippei in the singles one spot, but the match was decided before they played.
Tezuka is cleared to play by his doctor, Ooishi Akitaka, under the stipulation that he does not repeatedly use the Zero-Shiki Drop Shot which could re-injure his elbow. Seeing the potential in Echizen Ryouma, he challenged Echizen to a match. He humiliated Echizen, showing him that there is more to aim for than just defeating his father. He told Echizen to become Seigaku's "Pillar of Support."
Tezuka did not play against St. Rudolph in the semi-finals or Yamabuki in the finals due to both matches being decided prior to singles one. Ginka withdrew from the tournament, advancing Seigaku to Regionals.
In intra-club matches, Tezuka placed himself in a bracket with Inui Sadaharu and Momoshiro Takeshi. They both defeated Momoshiro, leading to a match-up between Inui and Tezuka where Inui attempted to catch Tezuka wrong-footed with Data Tennis. Tezuka then revealed Tezuka Zone to Inui, urging him to grow beyond data tennis if he wanted to achieve Tezuka's level.
In Seigaku's match against Hyoutei, Tezuka played Atobe Keigo in singles one. Despite the recommendations of the doctor and pleading from Ooshi, he continued to put strain on his arm for the sake of Seigaku's victory. Atobe perceived that Tezuka was favoring his left elbow, despite the fact that the injury had fully healed, and exploited that weakness to injure Tezuka's left shoulder. After a grueling tie-break, Atobe emerged victorious and Tezuka was forced to pursue treatment for his shoulder.
Rehabilitation in Kyushu
Tezuka left for Kyushu for rehabilitation, attending a hospital recommended to him by Tachibana Kippei. He met Chitose Miyuki who accuses him of stealing her racquet. They got mixed up with students from Shishigaku who easily defeated the injured Tezuka who could not lift his arm over shoulder height. Realizing Tezuka was injured, Miyuki stepped in and took on the Shishigaku student to defend Tezuka. Tezuka jumped back on the court to protect Miyuki from an overhead smash, realizing in so doing that his injury was long-since healed and that he had been held back by "yips."
Tezuka returned in time for the Nationals brackets to be decided. Echizen also returned from America to participate in Nationals, and Tezuka welcomes him back on the regulars following his defeat of Ooishi for a regular spot.
In the second round, Tezuka played his first match back from his injury against Higa's captain, Kite Eishirou. Though the match initially leans toward Kite, Tezuka revealed that Muga no Kyouchi and Hyaku Ren Jitoku no Kiwami were no longer sealed and overwhelmed Kite. He chastised Kite for his use of violence to get an upper hand in a tennis match. Echizen was astonished by the growth Tezuka has had since he left for rehabilitation and declared that he will take the mantle of "Pillar of Support" from Tezuka.
In the third round, Tezuka played Kabaji Munehirou of Hyoutei. Kabaji revealed that he is able to be a play as a perfect copy of Tezuka and he quickly caught up each time Tezuka gained an advantage. When it begins to rain, Tezuka's superior technique gave him the upper hand and he defeted Kabaji 7-6.
In quarter-finals, Tezuka played doubles with Inui Sadaharu against Shitenhouji's Chitose Senri and Zaizen Hikaru. Inui and Zaizen bowed out of the match so that Tezuka and Chitose could both enter Muga no Kyouchi. Chitose took an early lead using Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami, but Tezuka unveiled his new serve, the Zero-Shiki Serve. He also entered Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami, but his predictions were more accurate than Chitose's. He beat Chitose abysmally, 6-1. Chitose begged Tezuka for a picture to send to his sister Miyuki back in Kyushu, but Tezuka pointedly refused.
Before their match with Rikkai, Tezuka revealed to Ooishi that he had been offered the opportunity to pursue professional tennis in Germany and he intended to leave at the end of the school year. In finals against Rikkai, Tezuka was matched against Sanada Genichirou in singles two. Tezuka revealed a new technique developed at Echizen's suggestion, Tezuka Phantom. He used the technique to combat Sanada's Fuu Rin Ka Zan. The long match took a physical toll on both of them, Tezuka's arm aggravated from the repeated use of heavy spin and Sanada's knees from the use of his Rai ability. Sanada emerged victorious, settling the score from four years prior.
Under 17 Camp
The day before he left for the U-17 camp, Tezuka and his grandfather went fishing, much to the ire of Sanada Genechirou and Sanada Genemon. Tezuka's grandfather had a scheduled board game against Sanada's grandfather, but Tezuka's grandfather decided to skip it to go fishing with his grandson. While fishing, both Tezuka and his grandfather received angry text messages from each other's respective rivals that read "TEZUKAAAAAA!!" Tezuka used a new lure that has Ooishi's likeness that was given to him by Ooishi as a birthday gift.
Tezuka is placed in an 7-point tie-break elimination match against Kaidou Kaoru, drawing out the fighting spirit that had led Tezuka to choose Kaidou as the next captain of Seigaku. He defeated Kaidou 7-0, earning a spot at the winners camp.
During the team shuffle match against court 3, Tezuka played in the singles two slot against his former captain, Yamato Yuudai. Despite the fact that Yamato's appearance had drastically changed, Tezuka instantly recognized him. In order to combat Yamato's Genu Yume Utsutsu, Tezuka relied on Tezuka Phantom. Yamato lamented that he had driven Tezuka to feel he had to be the "Pillar of Support." Yamato explained that Tezuka has just transferred what he was doing for Seigaku to Team Japan. Yamato revealed that the injuries he had when he played Tezuka in Tezuka's first year of jr high left him with massive scars on his arm and put him through a horribly painful rehabilitation process. He encouraged Tezuka to play tennis for himself and let go of his recklessness in the name of his team. With Yamato's blessing, Tezuka was able to let go of his mantle of "Pillar of Support" and enterd Teni Muhou no Kiwami, defeating Yamato.
Tezuka made the decision to leave the camp early to pursue the opportunity in Germany. Fuji Shuusuke stopped him to play a match. Fuji was unable to compete with Tezuka at his full strength and was overwhelmed when Tezuka enters Teni Muhou no Kiwami. Tezuka put an end to the match, catching the ball mid-rally and saying he will not play with Fuji as he is now.
Tezuka was shown training at the Tennis Association of Germany with the German U-17 team prior to the World Cup matches beginning. He played a practice match with team captain and professional tennis player Jürgen Borisovich Volk who completely overpowered Tezuka even after entering Teni Muhou no Kiwami. He instructed Tezuka to train his lower body to improve his stamina in long matches. Siegmund Pupke approached Volk after the match to tell him he wished to sign Tezuka for a pro contract, but Volk insisted that Tezuka did not have the experience needed and that he should be re-evaluated after the World Cup.
Tezuka played in round one of the World Cup Japan vs Germany in doubles with Q.P. versus Atobe Keigo and Irie Kanata. The Japanese team jeered him for being an "unpatriotic traitor." Despite Tezuka attempting to instill fight in Atobe, they easily won 6-0.
Tezuka played singles vs South Africa versus Siyabonga Ngoepe.
Anime only arcs
Rehabilitation in Germany
In the anime, Tezuka went to a rehabilitation facility in Germany instead of Kyushu following the match against Hyoutei in the regional tournament. Before he left for Germany, he played a match against Echizen Ryouma with his right hand. Though the match was close, Tezuka developed Tezuka Zone right handed (anime only) and ended the match with a right handed Zero Shiki Drop Shot (anime only). He encouraged Echizen to also become more adaptable as a player and left for Germany. During his time there, he was visited by Seigaku. Echizen met and played tennis with Tezuka's trainer, Hannah Essenheimer prompting her return to pro tennis.
Jr Senbatsu Camp
In the anime-only Jr Senbatsu arc, the camp was down one coach after Ryuuzaki Sumire collapsed and was taken to the hospital. Tezuka returned from Germany to step in as a coach in her stead, though he initially met opposition from Kajimoto Takahisa who rallied the rest of the team to request that Tezuka prove himself to the players he was coaching. Once he defeated each of them easily, despite his injury, they agreed to follow him.
Tezuka sat as a bench coach during the matches against the American team.
Pre-Nationals Return to Seigaku
The final arc of the original anime featured Tezuka's return to Seigaku prior to Nationals. He played a match with Fuji Shuusuke to draw out his potential as a player and deliver on their promise from first year. He ended the match with a right-handed Zero-Shiki Drop Shot.
Echizen also returned from the US so that they can play one final match. He felt like he was not able to play in the Jr US Open with a clear mind until he faced Tezuka. Echizen defeated Tezuka after a long, close match and Seigaku joined Tezuka in wishing Echizen well in the Jr US Open.
Tezuka is an all-rounder who specializes in technique and finesse. Most of his skills are developed around controlling the pace of the match and applying advantageous spin to his shots. Due to the strain placed on his left arm from many of his techniques, his abilities are not meant to be used for prolonged periods of time.
A slice drop volley with heavy backspin. Once the ball hits the ground, it rolls back to the net due to the heavy backspin on the ball. In the anime, Tezuka is shown to only hit this volley with his backhand, but in the manga he hits both backhand and forehand. In the anime, he can hit the shot with his right hand as well, developed during his injury recovery. When he hits the Zero-Shiki Drop Shot, his form is very similar to a regular slice backhand volley which makes it difficult to determine which shot he will hit. This sets him apart from other users of the move such as Echizen Ryouma.
Tezuka controls the pace of the match by applying overwhelming spin on the ball. Every ball that he hits over the net returns to him regardless of how his opponent hits the ball. He is able to conserve energy by pivoting on one foot rather than running after every ball.
A slice serve with heavy backspin. Once the ball hits the ground, it rolls back to the net due to the heavy backspin on the ball.
Like Tezuka Zone, Tezuka uses this ability to control the pace of the match by applying overwhelming spin on the ball. However, every ball that is returned is forced out by the spin on the ball.
The user plays unconsciously and moves based on their prior experiences. As a result, the opponent cannot predict which shot comes next. The user's performance level also increases. However, using Muga drains stamina much quicker than normal and its unpredictable movements may be ineffective against high-level opponents.
Tezuka concentrates Muga's energy into his left arm to return shots with double the power and spin. It also minimizes fatigue. However, since Muga's energy no longer extends to the rest of the body, it is best used in combination with a move like Tezuka Zone.
By concentrating Muga's energy into the brain, the user simulates all possible scenarios for the next point. This allows the user to determine the minimum number of shots necessary to win the point and create an "absolute prediction."
Teni Muhou is achieved by transcending the desire for victory and fear of defeat and play tennis for its own sake. When in this state, Muga's energy is amplified and explodes without waste in the right place at the right time.
Prince of Tennis Fanbook 10.5 Information
Lateral Jump Repetitions: 63
Shuttle-run Repetitions: 121
Max weight capacity on back: 131kg
Grip strength: 55.5kg (left hand)
Upper body bend (back hyperextension): 60.8cm
Sit and Reach: 29.1cm
50m Dash: 6.43 seconds
Standing long jump: 241cm
Hand ball toss: 37.1m
1500m Marathon: 4 minutes, 39 seconds
Team Shuffle Information
As a first-class athlete, he has an overwhelming presence and stands out among the middle schoolers. Despite his already high abilities and large moveset, his will to improve is as strong as ever. There are high hopes for his future growth. His wooden facial expression is his single flaw.
Speed - 4.5: He has the speed of a top class athlete, but he is unable to travel at unbelievable speeds.
Power - 4: When he activates Hyakuren Jitoku no Kiwami, he is able to exhibit astounding power. However, his own playstyle is not very powerful.
Stamina - 4: Because he strictly regulates himself, the stamina of his cardio vascular system is not a problem. However, in a drawn out match, parts of his body will tend to scream out. The only thing he needs to do is work on the stamina of his burdened elbow.
Mental - 5: He is the type that can sacrifice his body nonchalantly. Once he conquered his yips, he acquired a steel will.
Technique - 6: With things like his Zero-Shiki shots and Tezuka Zone, he stands above the rest with skills that can send his opponents into despair.
Of course, I had intended to have him flourish within the 1st String, however it can't be helped since he withdrew from the camp. It'll only be a matter of time for him to reach the top level of the pros.
|Tokyo District Preliminaries||Hattori vs. Tezuka||not played|
|Tokyo District Preliminaries||Tachibana vs. Tezuka||not played|
|Tokyo Tournament||Sugimoto vs. Tezuka||0 - 6|
|Tokyo Tournament||Itou vs. Tezuka||not played|
|Tokyo Tournament||Tezuka vs. Nomura||not played|
|Tokyo Tournament||Tezuka vs. Muromachi||not played|
|Kantou Tournament||Atobe vs. Tezuka||7 - 6 (33-35)|
|National Tournament||Kite vs. Tezuka||4 - 6|
|National Tournament||Kabaji vs. Tezuka||6 - 7|
|National Tournament||Inui*/Tezuka vs. Chitose/Zaizen*||6 - 1|
|National Tournament||Sanada vs. Tezuka||7 - 5|
|U-17 Pair Matches||Kaidou vs. Tezuka||0 - 7|
|U-17 Shuffle Matches||Yamato vs. Tezuka||4 - 6|
- Favorite Food: Unacha (green tea poured over rice, dashi, and fried eel), Räucheraal (smoked eel)
- Favorite Color: Green and Blue
- Favorite Motto: The enemy exists within oneself.
- Favorite Movie: Classics, both Japanese and foreign.
- Favorite Book: Western classics, German-Japanese-German dictionary (to carry with him)
- Favorite Music: Beethoven (Classical)
- Favorite Type (of person): Those who always give 100% (even if they are a little scatterbrained). A person who is energetic and serious. Trying not to think about it at the moment. 
- Favorite Date Spot: Fishing in mountain streams. Zugspitze
- Father's Occupation: Company Employee (Firm/Trading Company)
- School Committee: Student Council President
- Best Subject: World History
- Worst Subject: None
- Most Visited Spot on Campus: Library
- Hobbies: Fishing, Camping, Mountain Climbing
- Dislikes: Being idle, procrastinating, colorful cakes.
- Spends His Allowance On: Book rental fees
- Most Wanted Item: Photograph of a famous mountain, a mountain model kit.
- Skills Outside of Tennis: Carpentry and woodwork, cleaning fish for cooking.
- Random Fact: The number of times he has run around the ground in one year (5,870).
- Routine During Tournament: keeping a diary in German, watching foreign comedy-dramas.
Daily School Life
- 05:30 - Wakes up. Has breakfast after stretching and weight training.
- 06:30 - Listens to English Language lessons on the radio.
- 06:50 - Goes to school for morning tennis practice.
- 08:40 - First Period: Social Studies - World History.
- 09:40 - Second Period: Calligraphy.
- 11:00 - Third Period: Math III.
- 12:00 - Fourth Period: Music - Classics Appreciation.
- 12:50 - Lunch break: Eats unacha.
- 13:20 - Fifth Period: P.E. - Hurdling.
- 14:20 - Sixth Period: Science III - Physics.
- 15:20 - Student council meeting. Takes care of reports on suggested items.
- 16:00 - Club activities, free practice.
- 19:00 - Returns home. Takes a bath
- 19:30 - Dinner.
- 20:00 - Watches the TV program "The gluttonous player title." (recording)
- 21:00 - Reads. (Primarily foreign books.)
- 21:30 - Writes in his diary, goes over things he wants to reflect upon.
- 22:30 - Goes to sleep.
Tennis Bag Contents
- Glasses Case
- Notebook and Pen
- Protection Charm
- English Novel "The Big Bad City" by Ed McBain
- 3rd Year Math Reference Guide
- English to Japanese Dictionary
- Gatsby Deodorant Spray
- Personal Belongings Check by E. Siegfried Travel Bag Edition
- Japanese tea
- "You have green tea? That Japanese guy, he dissolved strange green powder in water and drank it. I tasted it just out of curiosity, but… it was pretty good.”
- Echizen Ryouma
- Tezuka is a mentor and rival to Echizen, initially seeing him as the future of Seigaku's tennis club and asking him to take over as the "Pillar of Support" for Seigaku. He serves as one of the primary points of motivation for Ryoma's improvement throughout the series.
- Kaidou Kaoru
- Kaidou is Tezuka's successor on the tennis team as the future captain. He has been developing Kaidou through the role by quietly pushing him to his limits throughout the season. At the U-17 camp, he plays a 7-point match with Kaidou where he deliberately draws out every point to test the limits of Kaidou's stamina and resolve. Satisfied with Kaidou's growth, he defeats him 7-0.
- Oishi Syuchirou
- In their first year of junior high school, Oishi and Tezuka made a promise to one another to take their team to Nationals to fulfill the goal that Yamato was not able to complete in his time as captain. Oishi is vice captain of the club and takes on Tezuka's responsibilities during his injury.
- Fuji Shuusuke
- Fuji has seen Tezuka as his ultimate goal, the person he wants to overcome, through most of the series. Tezuka continues to push Fuji to improve and in turn, Fuji continues to evolve. As of the World Cup match against Germany, Fuji has developed a new offensive play style with hopes of overcoming Tezuka.
- Atobe Keigo
- The match with Tezuka leaves Atobe shaken. Though Atobe wins the match, he ultimately feels like he lost in a contest of wills against Tezuka. When Tezuka leaves for Germany during U-17, Atobe tells him to leave Team Japan to him. Atobe and Niou play doubles together with Niou playing in his Tezuka illusion, a pair called the "Strongest Pair."
- Sanada Genichirou
- Tezuka and Sanada's grandfathers are long-time friends from their police academy days. Sanada first met Tezuka on the tennis court before junior high and was utterly defeated by him. He holds out a sense of rivalry, sealing away his "Rai" ability until he could use it to defeat Tezuka in Nationals.
- Yamato Yuudai
- Yamato encourages Tezuka in his first year to not give up the tennis club, instead insisting he become Seigaku's "Pillar of Support." He later comes to regret this, realizing Tezuka has become fixated on his role and no longer plays tennis for himself. In their match at the U-17 camp, Yamato frees Tezuka of this way of thinking and helps him to unlock Teni Muho no Kiwami.
- Chitose Miyuki
- Miyuki meets Tezuka while he is in his rehabilitation in Kyushu. She helps him realize that his injury is fully healed and that he is still held back by the "yips." She develops a crush on him and asks her brother to get pictures of him.
- Konomi stated in the 40.5 fanbook that Tezuka is the character who is most unlike himself. He also said Tezuka is the character he would pick to play doubles with and he wants to use his signature moves Tezuka Zone and Tezuka Phantom. 
- The Tezuka vs. Atobe match from the Hyoutei arc was voted the best match in the series by fans.  This, along with the other matches selected, are set to be animated in a new OVA series titled Prince of Tennis BEST GAMES!!. 
- His grandfather Tezuka Kunikazu is old friends with Sanada's grandfather, Sanada Genemon from their days in the police force. The two often play Shougi together with 99 wins and 99 losses each. 
- When he was 10 years old, Tezuka and his father climbed Matterhorn in Switzerland 
- Tezuka was vice captain at Seigaku in his second year. 
- Since Tezuka looks older than he really is, he has been mistaken for a teacher.
- In official art, Tezuka is shown winning a tournament at age 25.
- He speaks German.
- He recently purchased a new pair of hiking boots and is deciding which mountain to climb next.
- Konomi gave Tezuka glasses when designing him because he wanted to give the impression he strictly follows rules and is a perfect man. His catchphrase, "let's not be careless," is also a reflection of this. 
- Konomi designed Tezuka's abilities to display his absolute control on court.
- Konomi takes special care to make sure that kindness shows through in Tezuka's design when he draws him.
- Konomi compares Tezuka to Takeda Shingen, who thought that "talented people equaled wealth." He had the ability to lead an unrivaled army without incident, but Tezuka, who dominated nationals, has the better evaluation.
- What do you have to focus on to control the team members?
- Everything. But before that, there must be self-discipline. Focusing on disciplining oneself is a given.
- Is being a captain hard?
- I have confidence that even if I'm not there, the team will have no problems. However, it is not easy.
- It feels like you're captivated by plants?
- That isn't the only comforting part of nature. I like mountain climbing because I am able to enjoy conversing with myself.
- If you had a day where you were completely free?
- There's never a completely free day...but I would read a book in my room. Sometimes, I might go fishing with my grandfather.
- When were your special skills useful?
- I have never been troubled by my racket rack. It's hard to find something that fits perfectly.
Words for the Two
Others about Tezuka
- "All the captains have great presence. Maybe I should wear a beard too...(Then I'll be popular with the girls...)" - Aoi Kentarou
- "I understand the worries of a captain too. Next time, let's talk about it over some drinks. Wait, I mean drinks like coke, you know?" - Akazawa Yoshirou
- "Tezuka-kun, don't overdo it so earnestly. Well, when you need help, feel free to come to me at any time." - Ooishi Akitaka
- "A~n, Tezuka writes in his diary as his daily routine? I'll see through what he writes with ore-sama's insight!" - Atobe Keigo
- "Tezuka-buchou! As the upperclassmen, we'll reign in those cheeky underclassmen, so you don't have to worry!" - Arai Masashi
- "Tezuka-kun, liking unacha means that you still have more to learn. Those who follow the path of the eel will end up as broiled eel served over rice." - Ishida Gin
- "I'm happy that I'm able to play together with Tezuka again in this training camp. It's because we came to win!" - Ooishi Shuuichirou
- "Until Buchou leaves the team, I will definitely learn all that I can to be the next captain. Fshuu~." - Kaidou Kaouru
- "To uphold the tradition in Seigaku that Tezuka-buchou established, we'll gather our strengths and do our best!" - Kato Kachirou
- "I'm super happy that Buchou told me, "You will become stronger because you have the height." - Mizuno Katsuo
- "Next time, I will copy Tezuka-san's play in the rain too....the winner will be Hyoutei." - Kabaji Munehiro
- "Ever since my father met Tezuka, whenever something comes up, he compares me with Tezuka and says, "Takashi is great in a different way..." - Kawamura Takeshi
- "You know, Tezuka, you really don't look the same age as us~. Ah, of course I mean it in a good way!" - Kikumaru Eiji
- "Actually, my play against southpaws is perfect. Both of you should gather together, and I'll crush you....just kidding!" - Kirihara Akaya
- "Tezuka's elbow is completely recovered!? It wasn't that I was weak. You were just too strong! ...eh?" - Kuki Kiichi
- "AHAHAHAHA! With my speed tennis, I'll defeat both aces from the east and the west!" - Sakata Richard
- "Tezuka. This is a message from my grandfather to your grandfather. "This time, let's battle over bald heads! KATSU!!!" - Sanada Genichirou
- "He continues fighting even while sacrificing himself....truthfully, I'm surprised that Tezuka is such a hotblooded player." - Shishido Ryou
- "After the match with Tezuka, Sanada was crying in the bathroom. Don't tell anyone this, hey!" - Jackal Kuwahara
- "Tezuka? That was an easy win! Wasn't a big deal...ah, Tezuka-san! How's the condition of your arm?" - Daimaru Daikichi
- "Both are impressive. I too will open the next door of muga and challenge them to a match. Wait for me!" - Chitose Senri
- "...Because both of them weren't useful, I lost to Fuji. They were unexpectedly just waiting to be eaten." - Niou Masaharu
- "Because Koharu begged me to imitate Tezuka-kun's face, I now have wrinkles between my eyebrows that haven't gone away for 3 days..." - Hitouji Yuuji
- "Tezuka-san's strictness and Shiraishi-san's motto of getting results, I will become a captain who combines both!" - Hiyoshi Wakashi
- "I learned important things from both. This time, I would like to experience the finest thrill in a serious match." - Fuji Shuusuke
- "Tezuka-buchou! I respect him a lot! I also have the conviction to do my best as Seigaku's pillar of support!" - Horio Satoshi
- "Both of you aren't going to eat desert after your meals? If you blink, I'll snatch it away!" - Marui Bunta
- "Tezuka-kun is taciturn, but why doesn't anyone call him "jimi" for that? Is it because he sparkles when using muga...?" - Minami Kentarou
- "Thieving older brother, why didn't you say anything before you left! ...it's not like it matters though." - Chitose Miyuki
- "It's because of Tezuka-buchou's unwavering presence that I was able to aim for the top. Thank you very much!!" - Momoshiro Takeshi
- "Tezuka-kun and Shiraishi-kun, you need to be more considerate towards females. That's a requirement for being a gentleman." - Yagyuu Hiroshi
- "These three years in middle school, I strangely have not had a match with Tezuka. Next time, let's have a serious match with the world as our stage." - Yukimura Seiichi
- "Tezuka, thank you for everything up to now. From now on, please play for yourself." - Ryuuzaki Sumire
- "Tezuka-buchou, I will snatch it away from you in a direct battle, the title of "Seigaku's pillar." - Echizen Ryouma
- "It seems like Frankensteiner is teaching him German. As the same middle schooler like Kunimitsu, they’ve become partners in language study. They seem to be getting along, but... what are those two silent people talking about?" - M. Bismarck
- "Kunimitsu’s real strength hasn’t bloomed yet. Don’t overlook training your lower body, and keep accumulating more experience." - Jürgen Borisovich Volk]
- "Getting to play with you in the exhibition match was lucky. I found out what I had been lacking." - Atobe Keigo
- "I should create my own guidepost... You taught me that, Tezuka. You’re always one step ahead, but I’m going to surpass you." - Fuji Shuusuke
- "Kunimitsu Tezuka, you will become a great asset for the Siegmund company. I’m expecting things of you." - Seigmund Pupke
Tezuka about others
- About Ooishi Shuuichirou: "Aside from Ooishi, no one could accomplish such important role, I am always being supported by him."
- "Aisubeki Hoshi"
- "Akashi -Akashi-"
- "Banana no Namida" with Sanada Genichirou
- "Best Wishes"
- "Birthday ~Arukihajimeta Hi~" with Aozu
- "Blaze away"
- "brand-new HEAVEN" with Seishun Soda
- "Dakishimete Shimaisou Sa"
- "Dakishimete Shimaisou Sa ~Eternal Version~"
- "Dear Prince ~Tennis no Oujisama Tachi e~" with Ikemen Samurai
- "DEPARTURES" with Aozu + Cap to Bin
- "Don’t Look Back" with Aozu
- "ENJOY" with Amikyuu Danji
- "Flower -Saki Midareshi Hana-" with GIGS
- "FREEDOM" with Aozu
- "Go! Go! Megane's" with Megane's
- "Happy×2☆Day!!" with Aozu
- "Hikari no Saki" with Echizen Ryouma
- "Hokori Arebakoso Tsuyoku Nareta"
- "I LOVE YOU"
- "Kakaeta Kiseki" with Aozu
- "Kaze no Tabibito (K&S Version)" with Fuji Shuusuke
- "Kibou no Uta" with Kikumaru Eiji and Inui Sadaharu
- "Kimi wo Sagashiteta"
- "Kira★Kira Megane's" with Megane's
- "Koko de Bokura wa Deatteshimatta" with Fuji Shuusuke
- "LOADED SOUL" with Echizen Ryouma
- "Manatsu no Mayonnaise" with Megane's
- "Manatsu no Megane's" with Megane's
- "Mata Kimi To" with Aozu
- "Megane wo Hazusu Yoru"
- "Megane wo Hazusu Yoru ~Megane's Version~" with Oshitari Yuushi and Inui Sadaharu
- "Megane☆Afro" with Megane☆Seven
- "Megane☆Akuto" with Megane☆Seven featuring Mitsuya Akuto
- "Megane☆Otoko" with Megane☆Seven
- "Megane☆Party" with Megane☆Seven
- "Megane☆Seven" with Megane☆Seven
- "Memory" with Megane's
- "Mighty Wing"
- "Never Surrender"
- "Never Surrender (Running Version)"
- "NEXT DOOR"
- "Niji ~"Der Regenbogen" Version~"
- "Odorimasen ka? Megane's" with Megane's
- "Otoko no Bigaku" with Momoshiro Takeshi and Kaidou Kaoru
- "Party Time" with GIGS
- "Party Time" with Amikyuu Danji
- "Party Time" with Aozu
- "Party Time" with Tenipuri All Stars
- "Road" with Oishi Shuuichirou and Kawamura Takeshi
- "Road Dai II Shou ~Kimi e~"
- "Sabishii Nettaigyo" with Sanada Genichirou
- "Sasayakana Kono Negai"
- "Sayonara... Megane's" with Megane's
- "Sayonara... Megane's" with Megane's
- "Shinkokyuu ~Dedicate to E~"
- "SINCE LAST GOODBYE"
- "SINCE LAST GOODBYE ~Niagara Version~"
- "Soushi ~Umukutu~"
- "Tatoeba Ima..." with Fuji Shuusuke
- "Tenipuri FEVER" with Tenipuri All Stars
- "Tenipuri FEVER" with Tenipuri All Stars Senbatsu A
- "Tenipuri tte Ikou" with Konomi Takeshi with Tezuka Kunimitsu
- "Tenipuri tte Ikou" with Tenipuri All Stars
- "Tenipuri tte Ikou" with Tenipuri All Stars Senbatsu A
- "Tenipuri☆Paradise" with Tenipuri All Stars
- "Tricolore" with Seigaku All Stars
- "Tsubasa ~Tsubasa~"
- "Valentine Kiss" with Seishun Gakuen Middle School
- "We Love SEIGAKU -Arigatou wo Komete" with SEIGAKU NINE PLAYERS
- "WHITE LINE" with Aozu
- "WHITE LINE arrange E"
- "White Message"
- "White Message ~With Love Version~"
- "Yokogao (New Year Version)"
- "Yume no Saku Basho"
- "Zou-san no Scanty" with Sanada Genichirou
- "Don't let your guard down." (油断せずに行こう)
- "Echizen, become Seigaku's pillar of support." (越前青学の柱になれ)
- New Prince of Tennis Fanbook 23.5
- Pair Puri Volume 1
- Prince of Tennis Fanbook 10.5, pg 39
- Golden age 37
- New Prince of Tennis Fanbook 10.5, pg 64, translated by 
- Konomi, Takeshi (2007). Prince of Tennis Character Book (Vol. 40.5) (in Japanese). Shueisha. ISBN 4-08-874198-6.
- Konomi, T. [konomi_takeshi]. (2017, December 15). (in Japanese). [Tweet] Retrieved from https://twitter.com/konomi_takeshi/status/941863170641051653
- "The Prince of Tennis Anime to Launch New OVA Series BEST GAMES!! in 2018". (2017, December 16). Retrieved from http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/12/16/the-prince-of-tennis-anime-to-launch-new-ova-series-best-games-in-2018.
- Pair Puri Volume 2
- Pair Puri Volume 2 pg. 34
- Pair Puri Volume 2, Translated by lucathia [lucathia_rykatu]. (2009, December 21). PairPuri Vol 2 Tezuka x Shiraishi Words for the two [pg.3-50] [Blog Post]. Retrieved from: https://fanbook.livejournal.com/11826.html